Friday, 6 March 2009

Finally a grown-up


Again, I apologize for being so lazy at updating this side! But before I write about the previously promised topics I have to tell you about my "possibly life changing experience" I had last night!

Get ready, it´s a big deal! ;)

 

For the FIRST TIME in my life I went to the cinema ALONE !!!  yep, you read that right, me sitting all by my self with my popcorn and coke in a move theatre J hihihi….

It really wasn’t on purpose or anything, it was just a result of a “minor” misunderstanding… ;)

I had decided to go to the cinema with Cris (a Canadian guy who also lives in Kent Town) to see a specific movie which I believed was “He´s just not that into you” so I had really gotten into the chick flick mode and Cris also seemed to be very excited about seeing the movie! 

However when walking to the cinema I can´t understand why Cris is in such a big hurry. According my info, the film wasn´t supposed to start until after 30 min and we had plenty of time! I also got a bit suspicious when Cris asked my whether I had read the book/ the comics the film was made after… (remember I think we are on our way to see a chick flick) However, the moment of truth dramatically occurs when Cris is buying his ticket: 

“One to WATCHMEN A superhero film I had sworn that I would never see… So my reaction is: “WHAT…! That superhero crap movie ??? “    And that is when we discover our little misunderstanding… hehe…  after all it was also a bit strange that Cris was so excited about seeing a chick flick ;)

Nevertheless, in my stubbornness I of course decided to rather go and see my chick flick which resulted in me sitting all alone in the movie theatre… ;O) 

And I have to say, many lonely thoughts fly through your head while sitting there alone. To begin with I thought to myself, damn I must look like “the girl who got stud op on her date” or just “that STINKY INTERNATIONAL STUDENT” … hehe…  But then I began to comfort my self by imagining I was a movie critic or the fact that now I could finally consider myself as a real grown up!

 

But even with those great methods of trying to reassure my self I wasn’t “that stinky international student who went to the cinema alone” my final conclusion is:

Been there, done that and don’t feel the need to do it again!

But at least I learnt that about myself and can now proudly say: “HEY, I´ve tried going to the cinema alone!” ;O)

 

And p.s. thank you Cris for helping me achieve that ;)



3 comments:

  1. Næsta skref er að prufa að fara á veitingarstað og sitja ein við borð og snæða....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe good job Dagný mín... einu sinni er allt fyrst... ég fór ein út að borða úti í New York um árið og mér fannst ég mest sad gella í heimi en eftir á að hyggja fannst mér það bara cool ;) hehe
    Ég gerði líka tilraun til að fara á þessa mynd með stelpunum um daginn.. Eins og vanalega var ég pínu sein og þegar ég mætti var röð út á götu, stelpurnar voru komnar inn í bíóið... þegar röðin kom svo loks að mér þá fékk ég að vita að manneskjan á undan mér hefði keypt síðasta miðann á myndina!!! jebbs, uppselt... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, Brilljantín!
    Frábær færsla um merkisstund í lífi þínu elskan! Hvernig á manni að geta leiðst þegar þú og þín afrek eru til frásagnar!!
    Þúsund kossar og risa knús! sakna þín sæatasta!
    kv. arna S

    ReplyDelete